Two Kashubian Americans, Jan Karol Bambenek and Leokadia Weronika Pellowska were married at Sacred Heart-Saint Wenceslaus Church in Pine Creek on November 14, 1914. You can learn more about their family histories and about their life together here.
There are also some posts from my blog, Smiles in Boxes, which touch upon Winona’s Kashubian community and sometimes feature some vintage pictures.
- The Pellowskis of Arcadia Township (June 27, 2014)
- Mr. and Mrs. Karol Bambenek (June 6, 2014)
- Leokadia Weronika Pellowska 1892-1946 (May 17, 2013)
- Wawrzyniec Dywan 1836-1890 (April 27, 2013)
- Marcin Bambenek 1821-1878 (April 7, 2013)
- Katarzyna Bambenek 1861-1887 (May 12, 2012)
- Franciszka Julianna (Nygowska) Bambenek 1871-1896 (September 5, 2010)
- The Lonesome Death of Joseph Dywan (August 23, 2010)
- The Mysterious Dywan Family (August 19, 2010)
- How John C. Bambenek Met Laura Pellowski (June, 2008)